MotoGP – Dutch GP – Qualifying
Another round of the Championship, another visit to the all mighty TT Assen, the cathedral is being ready for another storming battle for pole position.
At the first Qualify session saw Rins, Rossi, Bagnaia, and the Espargaro brothers as the candidates to next qualy, with only 2 spots available, the battle was getting intense. Rins was the one with the better pace, keeping his bike ahead of the rest, with Rossi and Bagnaia struggling to find a good lap, didn’t make it for Q2, with Pol Espargaro giving a fresh surprise and getting that second spot.
13. Francesco Bagiana /// 14. Valentino Rossi /// 15. Aleix Espargaró
16. Karel Abraham /// 17. Miguel Oliveira /// 18. Johann Zarco
19. Hafizh Syahrin /// 20. Andrea Ianonne ///21. Tito Rabat
The battle for pole was strong on the Q2 with the main riders getting on track to see who was the fastest on track. Rins got the best lap on the start of the session, followed by Marquez, Rins and Quartararo, as these riders constantly changed of position at the first stint. Final minutes and the riders pushed hard, with Viñales showing a great improvement on the Yamaha, getting provisional pole with two minutes to go, but the Petronas Yamaha had other plans, with a inspired Quartararo making a Supreme lap and holding a back to back pole, the youngest rider to furtfill this achievement. Front row was close by Maverick Viñales and Alex Rins, Marquez finishes 4th and a complicated session for Dovizioso, who finishes 11th.
1. Fabio Quartararo /// 2. Maverick Viñales /// 3. Alex Rins
4. Marc Marquez /// 5. Joan Mir /// 6. Cal Crutchlow
7. Danilo Petrucci /// 8. Takaaki Nakagami /// 9. Franco Morbidelli
10. Jack Miller /// 11. Andrea Dovizioso /// 12. Pol Espargaro
Another great qualify for the Petronas Yamaha and another oportunity to get a first time win for the team at a historical track, can they make it? Can also Dovi return to the front to battle Marquez at race? Tomorrow will find out.