MotoGP – Austrian GP – Qualifying
Back to back race weekend after the race in Brno. Spilberg is getting ready for the fastest race of the season at the Red Bull Ring. A race that historically has gave an advantage to Ducati and must take advantage of it if still want to be on the Riders championship.
First Qualify session went green with many strong candidates to get through next session. Crutchlow, Morbidell, Bagnaia or Zarco were some of them, But surprises can occur. First half had Francesco Bagnaia and Cal Crutchlow ahead of everyone, but the chase was strong behind. The second half was intense, as riders had many chances to improve their lap times as the track was short and quick. Morbidelli, Oliveira and Rabat were pushing hard for a place at Q2. It was Crutchlow and Bagnaia who got through on their last attempt of the session.
13. Miguel Oliveira /// 14. Franco Morbidelli /// 15. Tito Rabat
16. Johann Zarco /// 17. Karel Abraham /// 18. Andrea Iannone
19. Aleix Espargaró /// 20. Hafizh Syahrin /// 21. Stefan Bradl
Battle for Pole hit green light and riders went to the track. Maverick Viñales was the one looking stronger, as he tops the table at the first minutes of the session, but Marquez was still looking strong at a track that his bike is not the strongest one; chasing back were Quartararo, Miller and Crutchlow. Riders went for the second run, as e everyone tried to improve their times, Marquez destroyed his competition, grab his 59th MotoGP pole and broke the track record on the red bull ring, with a last attempt 2nd place for Quartararo and a Dovizioso closing the first row.
1. Marc Márquez /// 2. Fabio Quartararo /// 3. Andrea Dovizioso
4. Maverick Viñales /// 5. Francesco Bagnaia /// 6. Takaaki Nakagami
7. Alex Rins /// 8. Jack Miller /// 9. Cal Crutchlow
10. Valentino Rossi /// 11. Pol Espargaro /// 12. Danilo Petrucci
Another pole position for the rider from Cervera, as he gets closer for his maiden victory at the red bull ring, the only circuit of the calendar that he hasn’t won yet. Can someone put a stop on the Honda rider?