MotoGP – Argentina GP – Qualifying
Second round of the MotoGP heads into Argentina, to the Autodromo Internacional de Thermas del Rio Hondo; a place well know for the dominance of the Honda bikes, but also where unexpected events, just like starting grid of last year.
The Q1 started with Bagnaia, Rins, Mir and Zarco as the main contenders chasing for a place on next session, but other riders had the final word, as the LCR Honda rider Takaaki Nakagami was the rider hitting all sectors in red and remaining on top by almost the entire session, with the Catalan brothers Pol and Aleix Espargaro fighting on top for the second ticket on Q2; and at the end, it was younger brother from KTM Red Bull who took the 2nd place behind the fresh surprise of the season Taakaki Nakagami
13. Aleix Espargaro /// 14. Miguel Oliveria /// 15. Karel Abraham
16. Alex Rins /// 17. Franchesco Bagnaia /// 18. Johann Zarco
19. Joan Mir /// 20. Tito Rabat /// 21. Hafizh Syahrin
22. Andrea Iannone
Q2 goes green and the riders leave the box and fight for the highest place on the grid, Honda riders had a better pace at the circuit, but Ducati and Yamaha would not leave it that easy. As the reigning champion Marc Marquez set the first fastest lap of the session, followed by Crutchlow, Petrucci, Rossi and Viñales. The battle was getting intense at second stint, as Dovi, Quartararo and Morbidelli were joining the party, setting strong laps at the front row, even the Yamaha’s of Viñales and Rossi were closing a front row grid, but at the end, Marquez recovered first place and get his 5th pole on the last 6 races in Argentina, with Maverick Viñales, Andrea Dovizioso, Valentino Rossi and Jack Miller completing the top 5, a almost +.250 difference between 1st and 5th.
1. Marc Márquez /// 2. Maverick Viñales /// 3. Andrea Dovizioso
4. Valentino Rossi /// 5. Franco Morbidelli /// 6. Fabio Quartararo
7. Franco Morbidelli /// 8. Cal Crutchlow /// 9. Takaaki Nakagami
10. Danilo Petrucci /// 11.Pol Espargaro /// 12. Jorge Lorenzo
The Grid is set, Who would the take the second win of the season? A surprise event would happend on tommorow´s race? Looking foward for a good race.