Moto GP – Italian GP – Sprint Race
After a long waiting of a month after the race at Le Mans, The championship resumes, as the calendar goes to Italy for the respective 6th round of the calendar at Mugello. With a cloudy presence on the track that could change the development of today’s sprint race. These were the results on today’s qualifying session for today’s and tomorrow’s race.
1. Francesco Bagnaia /// 2. Marc Marquez /// 3. Alex Márquez
4. Luca Marini /// 5. Jack Miller /// 6. Jorge Martin
7. Marco Bezzecchi /// 8. Aleix Espargaro /// 9. Johann Zarco
10. Alex Rins /// 11. Brad Binder /// 12. Enea Bastianini
13. Maverick Viñales /// 14. Franco Morbidelli /// 15. Fabio Quartararo
16. Takaaki Nakagami /// 17. Michele Pirro /// 18. Miguel Oliveira
19. Fabio Di Giannantonio /// 20. Raúl Fernández /// 21. Augusto Fernández
22. Lorenzo Savadori /// 23. Jonas Folger
Riders aligned for the sprint race, lights were off and they were underway. Bagnaia quickly face some pressure from runner up Marc Marquez for the start of the first lap, which then it was Jorge Martin who did actually took provisional lead from No. 1 rider. As there was a contact better Brad Binder and Alex Marquez who took out the Ducati rider at the start. Rain was starting to show some wet drops, but rarely enough, it was only showing on some sectors of the track.
As race develops, Marc Marquez was eventually caught up with several riders and fell back on the chasing group, meanwhile, 3 Ducatis from Bezzecchi, Martin and Zarco were on the tail of Bagnaia, as their bikes was clearly showing some speed at the long Mugello straights. Brad Binder received a long lap penalty after the incident with Alex Marquez.
Race quickly develops as the 4 Previous mentioned riders started to separate from the rest of the pack. As their were constantly chasing, one between Bezzecchi fighting Bagnaia for the lead, and Martin holding up 3rd against Zarco. As the 4 riders showed significant close times, with laps running low. Eventually, no changes were made on the top 4 and all riders crossed the line as mentioned. As Bagnaia wins his 3rd sprint race of the season, followed closely by Marco Bezzecchi and a top 4 result for Pramac bikes, as both finishes 3rd for Jorge Martin and 4th to Johann Zarco.
Sprint race results:
1. Francesco Bagnaia /// 2. Marco Bezzecchi /// 3. Jorge Martin
4. Johann Zarco /// 5. Luca Marini /// 6. Jack Miller
7. Marc Marquez /// 8. Aleix Espargaro /// 9. Enea Bastianini
10. Fabio Quatararo /// 11. Brad Binder /// 12. Miguel Oliveira
13. Maverick Viñales /// 14. Fabio Di Giannantoino /// 15. Michelle Pirro
16. Franco Morbidelli /// 17. Takaaki Nakagami /// 18. Lorenzo Savadori
19. Raul Fernandez /// 20. Augusto Fernandez /// 21. Jonas Folger
DNF: Alex Rins, Alex Marquez
An Intense Sprint race that remarks the superiority of Ducati bikes at home field. Meanwhile the championship contention could be intense for tomorrow’s race, as Bezzecchi keeps close to Bagnaia and tricky conditions could appear on the weather forecast on Sunday.
MiniBikers – MotoGP
2023 Italian GP