Moto GP – United States GP – Sprint
A warn sunny day saw the riders take part on the 3rd round of the Moto GP championship, that would take place on US soil, more precisely, at the Circuit of The Americas”. Qualy session from both Sprint and race would see the current champion on the front of the pack, as a inspired Alex Rins carries his Honda for a P2 start and Luca Marini closes the front row.
1. Francesco Bagnaia /// 2. Alex Rins /// 3. Luca Marini
4. Alex Marquez /// 5. Marco Bezzecchi /// 6. Aleix Espargaro
7. Fabio Quatararo /// 8. Maverick Viñales /// 9. Johann Zarco
10. Jack Miller /// 11. Brad Binder /// 12. Jorge Martin
13. Joan Mir /// 14. Franco Morbidelli /// 15. Miguel Oliveira
16. Fabio Di Giannantoino /// 17. Takaaki Nakagami /// 18. Michelle Pirro 19. Raul Fernandez /// 20. Augusto Fernandez /// 21. Stefan Brald /// 22. Jonas Folger
Lights went off and Sprint race was underway, as Rins attempted to grab the lead on the starting lap, but was quickly responded by Francesco Bagnaia, Alex Marquez ascended a spot and was now P3, meanwhile a terrible start from Maverick Viñales, who was now P18. Jorge Martin entered the top 5, as the Pramac rider started from the 12th on the grid.
Drama emerged as Fabio Quatararo went to the ground; The Yamaha rider saw his chances for snatching some points fade away. Aleix Espargaro was climbing spots and was P2 after a move from the Aprillia bike, but was quickly under pressure by the LCR of Alex Rins. The older Espargaro was quickly overtook by the former Suzuki rider and then the inspired Jorge Martin also went in front of the Aprilia. A mistake from Alex Marquez means that the Spaniard ends the sprint race without points.
Last laps decided the last spot of the podium, between Aleix Espargaro and Jorge Martin, with the Aprillia making a last attempt on turn 19, but the Pramac rider responded with class and recovered the podium step. As Alex Rins returns to form and grabs a solid P2 and Francesco Bagnaia gets P1 and a good amount of points from the sprint.
1. Francesco Bagnaia /// 2. Alex Rins /// 3. Jorge Martin
4. Aleix Espargaro /// 5. Brad Binder /// 6. Marco Bezzecchi
7. Luca Marini /// 8. Miguel Oliveira /// 9. Jack Miller
10. Maverick Viñales /// 11. Johann Zarco /// 12. Joan Mir
13. Takaaki Nakagami /// 14. Franco Morbidelli /// 15. Raul Fernandez
16. Augusto Fernandez /// 17. Fabio Di Giannantoino ///18. Stefan Brald
19. Fabio Quatararo/// 20. Jonas Folger
DNF: Alex Marquez, Michelle Pirro
A bounce back result for Francesco Bagnaia, as the Italian recovers from a 0 pts finish from last race, meanwhile a much needed result for Alex Rins and a Honda bike. Tomorrow’s race could be another dominant display from Ducati or a unexpected surprise from a LCR Honda or Aprilia bike.
And like always, here you have the animated version of the sprint race with the unique point of view of MiniBikers. Enjoy it!
MiniBikers – MotoGP
2023 GP of the Americas – Sprint