Moto GP – French GP – Qualyfing
A warn and windy saturday, saw the riders taking place for the 7th round of the season on the circtuit section of “Le Mans”
First qualy session saw Martin, Mir, Bezzecchi, Binder, Marini and many other riders having to take the long way in order to have an oportunity to fight for pole position. The early minutes saw Jorge Martin, alongside Joan Mir on the 2nd advancing spot.
Several minutes and attempts passed by and the rest of the riders couldn’t match their times. Joan Mir did get provisional first, but Martin regained the top spot, after a track record lap. With the 2 Spaniards advancing though the next session.
13. Marco Bezzecchi /// 14. Maverick Viñales /// 15. Luca Marini
16. Fabio Di Giannantonio /// 17. Miguel Oliveira /// 18. Brad Binder
19. Franco Morbidelli /// 20. Andrea Dovizioso /// 21. Álex Márquez
22. Remy Gardner /// 23. Darryn Binder ///24. Raúl Fernández
Q2 went underway and riders hit the track for the pole position. First attempts saw Fabio Quartararo ahead by just +.011 from Francesco Bagnaia and Jorge Martin on 3rd.
With a few laps to go, the front row spots were still open, with another record breaker lap, Francesco Bagnaia took pole on his last attempt on track, followed by Ducati teammate Jack Miller on 2nd and a last second front row lock from by Aprillia rider Aleix Espargaro.
1. Francesco Bagnaia /// 2. Jack Miller /// 3. Aleix Espargaró
4. Fabio Quartararo /// 5. Enea Bastianini /// 6. Johann Zarco
7. Joan Mir /// 8. Álex Rins /// 9. Jorge Martín
10. Marc Márquez /// 11. Pol Espargaro ///12. Takaaki Nakagami
Strong result for the official Ducati bikes, that could archieve a significant result on both constructors and riders championship. Perhaps another rider could archieve a strong result on tomorrow’s race.