Moto GP – Aragon GP – Qualyfing
13th race of the season takes the riders once again to Spaniard lands, as this year’s Aragon Gp takes place at the Motorland. As weeks became critical for Ducati if they want to keep the championship hopes alive.
Fist Q1 session Saw Zarco, Oliveira, Rins and Binder as main candidates to advance. As first minutes passed by, it was Zarco who took the session lead followed by Brad Binder and Luca Marini. Although there were some riders like Rossi, Crutchlow and Oliveira pushing hard on track.
Eventually there were no much changes compared the first and second stint. Both Zarco and Binder kept their places and advanced through next session.
13. Iker Lecuona /// 14. Álex Márquez /// 15. Cal Crutchlow
16. Danilo Petrucci /// 17. Luca Marini /// 18. Miguel Oliveira
19. Maverick Viñales /// 20. Álex Rins /// 21. Valentino Rossi
22. Jake Dixon
Riders left the pitlane for a the qualy session that determines the top 12 spots of the grid. The session started with Francesco Bagnaia taking provisional top spot, with Fabio Quartararo taking it in only a few minutes and Jorge Martin following closely at 2nd.
At the second stint, it was looking that Quartararo time was far to beat, but a storming lap from Bagnaia not only granted him pole position, but also the fastest lap on track, with also a strong last charge from Jack Miller to complete a Ducati 1-2 at the front, Quartararo closed the front row. With a full Spaniard 2nd row with Marc Marquez, Jorge Martin and Aleix Espargaro.
1. Francesco Bagnaia /// 2. Jack Miller /// 3. Fabio Quartararo
4. Marc Márquez /// 5. Jorge Martín /// 6. Aleix Espargaró
7. Joan Mir /// 8. Pol Espargaró /// 9. Enea Bastianini
10. Johann Zarco /// 11. Takaaki Nakagami /// 12. Brad Binder
Big result for Ducati, as the Italian team can lock a strong result tomorrow if they choose the correct tyre configuration and their riders keep their composture on track. Big race expected for tomorrow.