MotoGP – Italian GP – Qualifying
The next stop of the calendar is Italy, circuit of Mugello, a circuit well known for his long straights and lots of oportunity for overtakes and action on track.
The first Qualify was filled with some championship contenders; Dovizioso, Rossi and Rins were on the hunt for the next session, with other competitive riders as Lorenzo, Mir and Zarco looking for a place, with a strong battle from start to finish, riders were pushing to the limit. With an unexpected outcome, Michell Pirro being the second fastest time of the session, just behind Andrea Dovizioso. Meaning that Alex Rins and home hero Valentino Rossi will start from the back of the grid
13. Alex Rins /// 14. Tito Rabat /// 15. Aleix Espargaró
16. Karel Abraham /// 17. Jorge Lorenzo ///18. Valentino Rossi
19. Johann Zarco /// 20. Joan Mir /// 21. Hafizh Syahrin
22. Miguel Oliveira /// 23. Andrea Iannone
Q2 promised a intense battle for pole as the Honda of Marquez wasn’t going to have it easy against the Ducatis and the Yamahas, being Quartararo and Viñales the fastest riders on the start of the session. Riders were showing strong pace, with several changes on front row as Miller and Crutchlow and Petrucci were constantly swaping places, but still behind from pole, until the Spaniard hit red sectors and got his 84th carrer pole on his last run, with Quartararo and Petrucci closing the front row.
1. Marc Márquez /// 2. Fabio Quartararo /// 3. Danilo Petrucci
4. Franco Morbidelli /// 5. Jack Miller /// 6. Cal Crutchlow
7. Maverick Viñales /// 8. Francesco Bagnaia /// 9. Andrea Dovizioso
10. Takaaki Nakagami /// 11. Pol Espargaró /// 12. Michele Pirro
Another pole from the spaniard of Cervera, with a good qualy performance for Petronas Yamaha and a mention for Michele Pirro, for his first Q2 pf his career. Who will get the win on Mugello?